A single-day course for any staff member or carer working directly, or indirectly with clients.
The workplace can be a highly stressful environment; our clients stories can be difficult to hear.
This course will assist staff and carers to prioritise their own self-care.
- basic self-care principles
- self-care strategies that work
- assessing present level of self-care to identify areas for development
- how to develop an achievable self-care plan
- implementing self-care plans
- evaluating the plan and assessing changes required for the following year
- Discuss prevalence rates for common mental illnesses
- Identify contributing factors to work-related stress
- List self-care strategies currently being utilised
- Define elements to include in a future self-care plan
- Describe important factors in self-care planning
- List strategies to ensure compliance with self-care plan