A single-day session developed by MOAT: Mental Health Services to assist organisations in supporting staff when responding to potentially traumatic critical incidents.
This course is particularly relevant for team leaders, managers and any senior staff members who may be called on to support colleagues following a critical incident.
- understanding stress and anxiety
- effects of trauma
- defusing (Psychological First Aid)
- creating safety after a critical incident
- supporting staff after a critical incident
- setting up the CISM debrief
- seven stages of the CISM debrief
- accessing EAP
- external professional support
- self care strategies for supporters