Introduction to professional boundaries session:
- Why are professional boundaries important?
- What is a reflective practitioner?
- Examples of issues around reflective practice and professional boundaries
- Legal aspects – your Duty of Care
- Developing your reflective practice
- Reflective practice models
- What are they?
- Potential professional boundary issues when supporting clients
- The continuum of professional behaviour
- Understanding the parallel process in the space when supporting certain client groups
- Particularly complex professional boundaries examples, and recommendations to consider
Social media and professional boundaries:
- Benefits of social media in your professional role
- Risks of social media in your professional role
- Social media responsibility for professionals
- Fair Work Commission findings in cases related to dismissal for inappropriate use of social media
- Role clarification – stick to your role
- The multiple roles filled by some professionals
- Clarity around role boundaries when emotionally supporting clients
- An introduction to some of the more common ’talk therapies’ to assist in linking clients into appropriate services