A single-day course for any staff member or carer working directly, or indirectly with clients.
The workplace can be a highly stressful environment; our clients stories can be difficult to hear.
This course will assist staff and carers to prioritise their own self-care.
- Why is self-care important?
- Using a self-care model “APIE”
- How do we find time for self-care?
Stress and vicarious trauma:
- Terminology – stress or anxiety?
- Possible effects of stress on the body systems
- Examples of common stressors
- Workplace stress – risk factors
- Vicarious trauma
- Trauma and its effect on the brain
- Are you vicariously traumatised?
- Prevalence of mental illness
- Self-care and lifestyle balance assessment tool
- Stress management and mindfulness
- Personal self-care assessment tool –
- social elements
- psychological elements
- physical elements
- environmental elements
- professional elements
- lifestyle elements
- Developing a personal SMART self-care plan
- Resources required and issues in implementing the plan
- Evaluation of your plan